Some tax debt may qualify for discharge in bankruptcy.
To qualify, all of the following must be true about the tax debt:
- It is income tax not payroll or fraud penalties.
- It is not from fraud or willful tax evasion.
- The tax years it relates to is at least three years old.
- The tax debt is from filed returns.
- The tax debt has been assessed by the IRS more than 240 days prior to filing for bankruptcy.
We are able to review your tax information on file with the IRS and work with your bankruptcy attorney to ensure you qualify to include your taxes in your bankruptcy.